All classes are held at:
2020-21 Performing Arts Program
NOTE: AGES ARE ONLY A GUIDELINE. FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Classes: Saturday 10:00 – 10:45 a.m.
Fees: $150 per year, if member $100
Description: Students are introduced to rhythm and movement through play and very basic folk dance elements.
Classes: Saturday 11:00 – 12:00 p.m.
Fees: $175 per year, if member $125
Description: Students continue to improve rhythm, movement, basic folk dance, and are introduced to basic ballet.
Age: 8 & up
Classes: Saturday 12:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Thursdays 6:00 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Fees: $325 per year, if member $275
Description: Students are challenged to improve their skills in all areas. Character dance training and intermediate ballet barre training are introduced.
Age: 13 & up
Classes: Saturday 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Thursdays 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Fees: $375 per year, if member $325
Description: Students are challenged to excel in all areas of dance. Ballet barre and centre training is at an advanced level.
CHOIR CLASSES (Unavailable at this time due to Covid-19:
Classes: Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Fees: $125 per year, if member $75 (if child is enrolled in dance class no charge) Description: Children will learn basic songs in Ukrainian
Classes: Saturdays: 11:00 a.m – 11:45 a.m.
Fees: $125 per year, if member $75 (if child is enrolled in dance class no charge) Description: Children will learn basic songs in Ukrainian.
ART CLASSES (Unavailable at this time due to Covid-19):
Age – all ages – 11:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m.
Fees: $125 per year, if member $75 (if child is enrolled in dance class no charge) Description: Children will learn basic art skills involving, drawing, painting, paper mache.
AUUC MEMBERSHIP FEES:
DANCE CLASS ATTIRE
The dance school has standard class attire; please note the following:
• Red ballet slippers. *** For Lileya girls- pink ballet slippers and red character shoes are required.***
• Ballet attire including a black bodysuit, black or pink/white tights, dance skirt.
• Fitted Trembita T-shirt (provided).
• Hair pulled back off the face in a low bun.
• Black ballet slippers
• Black Trembita T-shirt (provided), black narrow track/sweatpants
• All costumes are provided by the AUUC (not including footwear)
• Students are responsible for full costume price in the event of damage and/or loss
IN-PERSON-Cash, Cheque or Credit Card (preferred payment):
· Payment can be made on the first day of class in September (you can make half payment in September and the remaining in January)
· Please make all cheques payable to AUUC Folk Dance